REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the door panel. For more information, refer to the procedure earlier in this section.
- Position the window in the full up position and tape the glass to the frame.
On some older vehicles it may be necessary to remove the glass completely from the door in order to remove the regulator. If access to the regulator or fasteners is prevented, remove the glass from the door, referring to the procedure found earlier in this section.
- If necessary, locate and remove the inner panel cam screws and the cam.
- Remove the remote handle-to-lock connecting rod.
- If applicable and necessary, disengage the power window wiring.
- If equipped with a bolted regulator, remove the retaining bolts.
- If equipped with a riveted regulator, use a center punch and a 1 / 4 in. drill bit to drive out the center pins, then drill out the regulator rivets.
- Disengage the rollers from the lower sash channel cam.
- Remove the regulator through the largest inner panel access hole.
- Install the regulator through the largest inner panel access hole.
- Engage the rollers to the lower sash channel cam.
- Secure the regulator in position using fasteners.
- If applicable, engage the wiring to the power window actuator.
- Install the remote handle-to-lock connecting rod.
- If necessary, install the cam and inner panel cam screws.
- Remove the tape from the glass and frame or install the glass to the door, as applicable.
- Install the door panel.