REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Open the doors and check for retaining screws on the sides of the instrument panel. If present, remove the screws from the instrument panel sides.
- Remove the screws attaching the instrument panel pad to the instrument panel.
- Remove the defogger grilles and remove the screws located under the grilles and in the front of the panel pad.
- Remove the instrument panel pad from the panel.
- Remove the lower instrument panel trim pieces or sound insulators, as equipped and necessary.
When removing any plastic pieces of the dashboard assembly, remember never to force and break the pieces. If a corner or end of a component will not move freely, there is likely a screw or retainer that was missed and must be released before the piece can be removed without damage.
- Remove the instrument cluster from the panel. For details, please refer to of this guide.
- Remove the steering column retaining nuts and carefully lower the column onto the driver's seat.
- Remove any upper and lower instrument panel-to-cowl screws.
- Disconnect and remove all electrical wiring from under the dash panel.
- Make sure all retainers have been removed, then carefully remove the instrument panel assembly from the vehicle.
- Install the instrument panel assembly.
- Install the electrical wiring to the dash panel.
- Install any upper and lower instrument panel-to-cowl screws.
- Carefully raise the column into position and secure