REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
To properly remove the power window motor from the vehicle the window regulator must usually be removed from the vehicle first.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the window regulator from the vehicle. For details, refer to the procedure located earlier in this section.
The regulator arm is under tension, due to the mounting of the electric window motor, and if the following operation is not performed, serious damage could result.
- Drill a 1 / 4 hole through the regulator backing plate and sector gear. Install a bolt through the hole, but do not tighten the nut.
- Remove the motor-to-regulator retaining bolts or rivets. Remove the motor from the regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of the service removal procedure.