REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Operate the seat to the full-forward position. If equipped with a six-way power seat and it is still operable, move the seat to the full-forward and up positions. Where necessary to gain access to the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching nuts, remove the adjuster rear foot covers and/or carpet retainers.
- Remove the track covers where necessary; then remove the adjuster-to-floor pan rear attaching nuts. Operate the seat to the full-rearward position. Remove the adjuster front foot covers; then remove the adjuster-to-floor pan front attaching nuts.
- If applicable, disengage the wire connectors.
- Remove the seat belts, then remove the seat assembly from the car.
- Prior to installing the seat assembly, check that both seat adjusters are parallel and in phase with each other.
- Position the seat assembly to the vehicle and install the wiring and/or seat belts, as applicable.
- Install the adjuster-to-floor pan attaching nuts by moving the seat forward and rearward, then torque the nuts to 15-21 ft. lbs. (20-28 Nm).
- Check the operation of the seat assembly to full limits of travel.
In most cases, the rear seat bottom may be removed by simply pushing rearward at the bottom of the seat, then tilting the assembly up and removing it from the vehicle. On some vehicles, retaining bolts may be used at the base of the seat bottom. The top (back portion) is usually removed by unthreading the retaining bolts at the bottom of the seatback and lifting up on the assembly.