REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Lower the tailgate assembly open as a gate.
- Remove the retainer and the inside remote handle.
- Remove the inner trim panel and the water deflector.
- Remove inner panel access hole covers.
- If equipped with a heated tailgate glass, disengage the wiring.
- Mark the location of the up-travel stop attaching bolts, then loosen and remove the bolts.
- Mark the location of the belt trim support retainers, then slide them away from the window.
With the tailgate open to the gate position and the left upper lock manually engaged, then tailgate has been placed in a vulnerable position. The tailgate could drop from the right lower lock if the locking rod or outside handle is activated. DO NOT activate the handle or rods as personal injury or tailgate damage could result.
- Manually LATCH the left upper hinge lock.
- Operate the tailgate window to a point where the regulator cam attaching nut are visible through the holes in the inner panel.
- Remove the regulator cam attaching nuts, then remove the sash plate attaching nuts by working though the left and right access holes.
- Carefully remove the window through the belt opening.
The use of new tailgate window hardware is always recommended when installing new windows.
- If the window is being replaced, install the bushing to the window and the screws to the bushings.
- Carefully insert the window through the belt opening.
- Install and tighten the sash plate nuts.
- Install and tighten the regulator cam attaching nuts.
- Operate the window to the full down position.
- Temporarily install the remote handle (without using the retainer), then operate the remote handle to unlatch the left upper hinge lock.
- Install the belt trim support retainers into the original position and secure.
- Install the up-travel stop attaching bolts and tighten.
- If equipped, engage the wiring harness.
- Check the window for proper alignment and adjust, as necessary.
- Install the inner panel access hole covers.
- Install the water deflector and inner trim panel.
- Install the inside remote handle and secure.