REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Lower the tailgate assembly open as a gate.
- Remove the retainer and the inside remote handle.
- Remove the inner trim panel and the water deflector.
- Remove inner panel access hole covers.
- If equipped with a heated tailgate glass, disengage the wiring.
- Mark the location of the up-travel stop attaching bolts, then loosen and remove the bolts.
- Mark the location of the belt trim support retainers, then slide them away from the window.
- Manually LATCH the left upper hinge lock.
- Operate the tailgate window to a point where the regulator cam attaching nut are visible through the holes in the inner panel.
- Remove the regulator cam attaching nuts, then remove the sash plate attaching nuts by working though the left and right access holes.
- Carefully remove the window through the belt opening.
The use of new tailgate window hardware is always recommended when installing new windows.
- If the window is being replaced, install the bushing to the window and the screws to the bushings.
- Carefully insert the window through the belt opening.
- Install and tighten the sash plate nuts.
- Install and tighten the regulator cam attaching nuts.
- Operate the window to the full down position.
- Temporarily install the remote handle (without using the retainer), then operate the remote handle to unlatch the left upper hinge lock.
- Install the belt trim support retainers into the original position and secure.
- Install the up-travel stop attaching bolts and tighten.
- If equipped, engage the wiring harness.
- Check the window for proper alignment and adjust, as necessary.
- Install the inner panel access hole covers.
- Install the water deflector and inner trim panel.
- Install the inside remote handle and secure.