- Turn the air valve bearing retainer until the air valve freely falls open.
- Wind the air valve bearing counterclockwise until the air valve just starts to close.
- Continue to wind the bearing an additional 2 1 / 8 turns, and then tighten the retainer.
- With the fast idle cam out of the way, back the idle speed screw out until the throttle valves seat in their bores.
- Hold the throttle valves closed and measure the distance from the air horn to the bottom of the pump S-link.
- If this distance is not 11 / 32 ", bend the pump rod to obtain it.
Holding the choke valve open and the throttle valve closed, the clearance at the idle vent valve should be 0.030". Bend the vent valve lever to adjust.Fast Idle Choke Rod
Bend the fast idle rod at a lower angle until the fast idle cam index mark lines up with the fast idle adjustment screw. Perform this adjustment while holding the choke valve closed.Float Level and Drop
These adjustments are made in the same manner as on the Carter AFB.Choke Unloader
- Hold the throttle wide open and the choke valve toward the closed position with a rubber band.
- Bend the unloader tang on the throttle shaft lever to obtain a clearance of 0.170". Between the upper edge of the choke valve and the dividing wall of the air horn.
- Hold the vacuum break in against its stop and the choke valve toward the closed position with a rubber band.
- Bend the vacuum break link at an offset to obtain 0.120" clearance between the upper edge of the choke valve and the air horn.
- Hold the primary and secondary throttle valves closed.
- Bend the secondary closing shoe to obtain 0.020" clearance between the positive closing shoes on the primary and secondary throttle levers.
- Check to see that the pickup lever contacts the loose lever on the primary shaft at both points simultaneously. Bend the pickup lever to obtain proper contact, if necessary.
- If the primary and secondary throttle valve do not come to the wide open position simultaneously, bend the connecting link until they do.
- When the choke valve is closed, the lockout tang on the secondary throttle lever should engage the lockout dog. When the valve is open, the lockout dog should swing free of the tang.
- Bend the lockout tang on the secondary throttle lever, if an adjustment is necessary.