REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The ring gear is an integral part of the flywheel and is not replaceable.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the transmission (on manual transmissions remove the clutch and pressure plate also).
- Remove the six bolts attaching the flywheel to the crankshaft flange. Remove the flywheel.
- Inspect the flywheel for cracks, and inspect the ring gear for burrs or worn teeth. Replace the flywheel if any damage is apparent. Remove burrs with a mill file.
- Install the flywheel. The flywheel will only attach to the crankshaft in one position, as the bolt holes are unevenly spaced. Install the bolts and torque to specification.
- Install the transmission and related components.