REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the complete cooling system and engine block.
- Drill or punch a hole in the center of the freeze plug and pull it out from the engine block with a slide hammer or equivalent.
Stay away from the freeze plug location when working, as coolant will flow from the engine when the plug is removed.
- Check the bore for roughness or burrs. If the bore is badly damaged, hone it and use an oversized freeze plug.
- Coat the new freeze plug with sealer and drive it into the correct position.
- Refill the cooling system. Start the engine and check for coolant leaks.