REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Drain cooling system.
When draining engine coolant, keep in mind that cats and dogs are attracted to ethylene glycol antifreeze and could drink any that is left in an uncovered container or in puddles on the ground. This will prove fatal in sufficient quantity. Always drain coolant into a sealable container. Coolant should be reused unless it is contaminated or is several years old.
- If necessary, remove the fan assembly. Remove the upper fan shroud or the upper support.
- Disconnect upper and lower radiator hoses.
- Disconnect and plug the oil cooler lines, if equipped with an automatic transmission.
- Remove the radiator from the vehicle.
If necessary to remove the fan assembly keep it in an upright position to prevent the fluid from leaking, if the vehicle is equipped with air conditioning.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.
- Fill the radiator with the proper solution. Start the engine and check for leaks.