REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
- Remove the exhaust pipe-to-exhaust manifolds nuts.
The left side has an extension and packing; the right-hand side has a heat riser valve assembly.
- Loosen the catalytic converter-to-transmission bracket.
- Remove the crossover-to-catalytic converter clamp and the pipe from the converter.
Check and lubricate the heat riser valve to make sure that it is operating properly.
- To install, add sealer to the connecting surfaces, assemble the system, check the clearances and tighten all the attachments.