REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When removing the door, it is easier to remove the hinges with the door because the door side hinges are very accessible.
All factory installed door hardware attaching screws contain an epoxy thread-locking compound to ensure that the torque setting will be maintained. Service replacement screws may not contain a thread-locking compound. Such screws must be treated with No. 1052279 Loctite® 75 or equivalent. The adhesive is placed on the fastener prior to installation.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Mark the position of the door hinges-to-body to make the installation easier.
- If equipped with power operated components, remove the trim panel and detach the inner panel water deflector enough to disconnect the wiring harness from the components. Separate and remove the rubber conduit and the wiring harness from the door.
- Using an assistant (to support the door), remove the upper and lower hinge-to-body bolts. Remove the door from the vehicle.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Tighten the hinge-to-body bolt to 15-21 ft. lbs.
The door adjustments are made possible through the use of floating anchor plates in the door and the body hinge pillars.
- Remove the door lock striker from the body and allow the door to hang freely on its hinges.
- Using a door hinge alignment tool, loosen the door hinge-to-body pillar bolts.
- Using the tool attachments, adjust the door up/down and fore/aft.
If a rearward adjustment is made, it may be necessary to replace the jamb switch.
- At the door hinge pillar attachments, adjust the door in and out.
- After adjusting the door, tighten the door hinge-to-body pillar to 15-21 ft. lbs.