REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Using a scratch awl, scribe the hinge onto the hood. If equipped with a hood light, disconnect the electrical connector.
- Using an assistant to support the hood, remove the hinge-to-hood bolts. Remove the hood.
- To install, reverse the removal procedures. Check the hood alignment with the hood latch.
When aligning the hood and the latch, align the hood (first), then the latch (second).Hood
The hood hinge-to-body mount is slotted to provide forward and rearward movement. Adjust the hood so that it is flush with the body sheet metal.
- Using a scratch awl, scribe the hinge outline onto the hood.
- Loosen the appropriate screws and shift the hood into proper alignment with the vehicles sheet metal.
- After adjustment, tighten the appropriate screws.
The hood latch assembly is mounted on a plate with elongated holes, which allows vertical adjustment.Striker
The striker, on the hood, adjusts laterally to align with the hood latch assembly.