REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When the brake pedal is in the fully released position, the stop light switch plunger should be fully depressed against the pedal arm. The switch is adjusted by moving it in or out.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Disconnect the stop light switch electrical connectors.
- Remove the switch from the bracket.
- Make sure that the tubular clip is in the brake pedal mounting bracket.
- Depress the brake pedal and insert the switch into the tubular clip until it seats on the clip, at this point a click will be heard.
- Pull the brake pedal fully rearward against the pedal stop, until the clicking sounds can no longer be heard. At this point the switch is adjusting itself in the bracket.
- Release the brake pedal, then pull the pedal rearward again to assure that the adjustment is complete.