REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The back-up light switch is mounted on the mast jacket of the column assembly.
- Disconnect the wiring connectors at the switch terminals.
- Remove the screws attaching the switch to the mast jacket and remove the switch.
- Position the column shift tube in the Reverse detent using the 1st/Reverse lower shift lever.
- Position the switch on the column with the drive tang in the slot in the shift tube and the right side of the tang contacting the right surface of the shift tube slot.
- Holding the switch in position, install the two attaching screws.
Moving the gear selector lever out of Reverse position will break the shear pin.
- Plug the wiring connector on the switch.
- Check the operation of the switch.
The back-up light switch is mounted on the transmission.
- Raise the vehicle and support it safely.
- Disconnect the switch wiring from the harness wiring at the inline connector.
- Remove the bolt retaining the wiring attaching clip to the transmission.
- Remove the wire clip retaining the Reverse lever rod to the switch.
- Remove the screws retaining the switch and shield assembly to the transmission and remove the switch.
Do not remove the transmission-to-bracket retaining bolts.
- Reverse the above steps to install.