REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise and support the vehicle safely.
Make sure the rear axle assembly is supported safely.
- Disconnect the shock absorbers from the axle.
- Mark the driveshaft and pinion flange, then disconnect the driveshaft and support out of the way.
- Remove the brake line junction blockbolt at the axle housing. If necessary disconnect the brake lines at the junction block.
- Disconnect the upper control arms from the axle housing.
- Lower the rear axle assembly and remove the springs.
- Remove the rear wheels and drums.
- Continue lowering the rear axle assembly and remove it from the vehicle.
- Raise the axle assembly on the hoist and install the springs.
- Reconnect the upper and lower control arms.
- Connect the brake lines.
- Connect the driveshaft.
- Connect the shock absorbers to the axle carrier.
- Install the brake drums and wheels.
- Bleed the brakes.