REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The switch is located inside the channel section of the brake pedal support and is completely inaccessible without first lowering the steering column. The switch is actuated by a rod and rack assembly. A gear on the end of the lock cylinder engage the toothed upper end of the rod.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Support and lower the steering column.
- Place the ignition switch in the OFF-UNLOCKED position and move the actuating rod two detent from the top.
- Remove the two mounting screws and the ignition switch assembly.
- Before installing, place the new switch in the OFFUNLOCKED position and make sure the ignition lock cylinder and the actuating rod are in the OFF-UNLOCKED (2nd detent from the top) position.
- Install the actuating rod into the switch, mount the switch to the column and torque the mounting screws to 3 ft. lbs.
- Install the steering column and torque the steering column-to-bracket nuts to 25 ft. lbs.