REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Open the hood, make sure that the wiper motor is in the park position, and disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade. On the left-hand arm assembly, remove the retaining clip from the pin on the drive arm.
- Remove the air intake grill or screen.
- Loosen the nuts which retain the drive rod ball stud to the crank arm and detach the drive rod from the crank arm.
- Remove the transmission retaining screws or nuts, then lower the drive rod assemblies into the cowl.
- Remove the transmission and linkage from the cowl through the cowl opening.
- Place the new linkage in the cowling and pull the drive rod assembly into the transmission. Install the retaining nut.
- Make sure that the wipers are still in the park position and connect the drive arm to the crank arm. Tighten the retaining nut.
- Install the wiper arm assemblies and retaining clip(s).
- Check that no tools are left in the air intake and install the grille or screen.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the operation of the wiper to insure full, smooth travel and a return to the park position.