REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Jack up the car so the wheels are off the ground.
- Remove the wheel(s) from which the brake drum(s) are to be removed.
- Pull off the brake drum. (It may be necessary to gently tap the rear edges of the drum to start it off the studs.)
- If extreme resistance to removal is encountered, it will be necessary to retract the adjusting screw. Knock out the access hole in the brake drum and turn the adjuster to retract the linings.
- Install the brake drums after adjusting the linings.
- Install the drums in the same position on the hub or axle shaft as removed.
Check the brake drums for any cracks, scores, grooves, or an out-of-round condition. Replace a cracked drum. Smooth slight scores with fine emery cloth. If scoring is extensive, have the drum turned. Never have a drum turned more than 0.060 in.