REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Drain the radiator. Loosen the fan pulley bolts.
- Disconnect the heater hose, lower radiator hose, and bypass hose (as required) at the water pump, if accessible at this time.
- Remove the Delcotron upper brace (V8 only), loosen the swivel bolt, and remove the fan belt.
On Mark IV (big block) engines, disconnect the power steering and air conditioning belts and pivot the power steering pump to one side.
- Remove the fan blade assembly bolts, fan, and pulley. Thermostatic fan clutches must not be tilted on removal or the silicone fluid will leak out.
- If not already done, disconnect the heater hose, lower radiator hose and bypass hose (as required) from the water pump.
- Remove the pump bolts, pump, and gasket. On inline engines, pull the pump straight out to avoid impeller damage.
- Installation is the reverse of the removal procedure.