REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Raise the car, support it with jackstands, and remove the wheel and tire assembly.
- Remove the brake caliper as previously outlined.
- Drill out the five rivets holding the disc to the hub.
- Remove the brake disc.
- Remove the rivet stubs from the hub.
- Install the disc on the hub, aligning the lug bolts with the holes in the disc.
- Install the brake caliper and shoes as previously outlined.
- Bleed the brakes, install the wheel, and lower the car.
- Tighten the spindle nut to remove all wheel bearing play.
- Install a dial indicator on the caliper so that its feeler will contact the disc about 1 in. below its outer edge.
- Turn the disc and observe the runout reading. If the reading exceeds 0.002 in., the disc should be replaced.
- Minimum thickness dimensions are cast into the caliper for reference.