Refer to the preliminary adjustment conditions in the previous "1973" section. Make sure that air conditioning is turned off, if so equipped.
- Disconnect and plug the distributor vacuum hose.
- Start engine, check ignition timing, and adjust as necessary.
- Reconnect vacuum advance hose to the distributor.
- Turn the idle stop solenoid in or out to set curb idle speed to specified rpm with automatic transmissions in Drive or manual transmissions in Neutral. Refer to the "Tune-Up Specifications" chart.
- Disconnect the electrical connector at the idle stop solenoid.
- With automatic transmissions in Drive or manual transmissions in Neutral, turn the 1 / 8 in. hex screw in the end of the solenoid to set the low idle speed to the specified rpm.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the solenoid.