REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable. Remove the trim panel. Remove the window.
- Disconnect the electrical connection from the electrical motor assembly.
- Remove the regulator retaining bolts or rivets and remove the regulator and window motor as an assembly.
The regulator arm is under tension, due to the mounting of the electric window motor, and if the following operation is not performed, serious damage could result.
- Drill a 1 / 4 " hole through the regulator backing plate and sector gear. Install a 11 / 16 " bolt through the hole, but do not tighten the nut.
- Separate the motor assembly from the window regulator.
- Installation is the reverse of the service removal procedure.