The air cleaner element should be inspected at 12,000 mile intervals and replaced, if necessary. Otherwise, the element should be replaced at every 24,000 miles on cars built up to 1974, and 30,000 miles on 1975-79 cars.
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Unfasten the air cleaner lid retaining wingnut, then remove the lid.
- Remove the air cleaner element by lifting it from the housing.
- Place a new element in the air cleaner housing.
- Install the air cleaner assembly lid and secure with the wingnut.
- Connect the negative battery cable.