REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Be very careful when removing the steering wheel from a car that is equipped with a collapsible steering column. A sharp blow or excessive pressure on the column could cause it to collapse, thereby destroying the steering column.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable. Disconnect the chassis wiring harness from the steering column harness at the connector under the instrument panel.
- Remove the horn button cap or the center ornament and retainer. Withdraw the three screws from the receiving cup.
- Remove the receiving cup, belleville spring, bushing, and pivot ring.
- Remove the retaining circlip with a suitable pair of pliers, if applicable.
- Remove the steering wheel nut and washer.
- Using a steering wheel puller, carefully remove the steering wheel.
- Install the steering wheel using the reverse of the procedure above. Before installing the steering wheel, be sure that the directional signal control assembly is in the neutral position.