- Remove the rotor assembly from the vehicle, as outlined in of this guide.
- Remove the damaged bolt with a press. Do not damage the wheel mounting surface on the hub flange.
- Install a new serrated bolt into the hole in the hub. Tap lightly with a hammer to start the bolt serrations in the hole, make sure the bolt is square with the hub flange.
- The brake disc must be supported properly before pressing the wheel stud in or out.
- Raise and support the vehicle. Mark the relationship of the wheel assembly to the axle flange and remove the brake drum.
- Using tool J-6627 or equivalent, press the wheel stud from the axle flange.
- Insert a new wheel stud in the axle flange hole. Rotate the bolt slowly to assure the serrations are aligned with those made with the original bolt.
- Place a flat washer over the outside end of the wheel stud and thread a standard wheel nut with the flat side against the washer. Tighten the wheel nut until the bolt head seats against the axle flange.