REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
1962-67 Chevy II
- Make certain that the wiper motor is in the park position. Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies from the transmission shaft.
- Remove the linkage from the wiper crank arm. Remove the left transmission link from the right transmission.
- Remove the two screws securing the transmission to the cowl on one side. Remove the transmission from beneath the dash.
- Reverse the procedure to install, checking the gasket.
- Make sure that the wiper motor is in the park position.
- Disconnect the battery ground cable.
- Remove the wiper arm and blade assemblies from the transmission. On articulated left arm assemblies, remove the clip retaining the pinned arm to the blade arm.
- Remove the plenum chamber air intake grille or screen.
- Loosen the nuts retaining the drive rod ball stud to the crank arm and detach and drive rod from the crank arm.
- Remove the transmission retaining screws. Lower the transmission and drive rod assemblies into the plenum chamber.
- Remove the transmission and linkage from the plenum chamber through the cowl opening.
- Reverse the procedure to install, making sure that the wiper blade assemblies are installed in the park position.