REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the transaxle.
- Remove the flexplate from the crankshaft.
Do not let the prytool damage the sealing surface of the crankshaft, or an oil leak may result.
- Carefully pry the oil seal out of the bore with a flat-bladed prytool.
To prevent seal damage, remove any burrs or scratches on the edge of the crankshaft with 400 grit sandpaper before installing the seal.
- Install the seal using the appropriate seal installation tool.
- Install the flexplate and the transaxle assembly.