See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the glove box from the instrument panel.
- Disengage the antenna cable connector from the extension cable.
- Remove the right side trim kick panel.
- Using a small prying tool, carefully remove the rubber grommet insulator from the door hinge pillar.
- Route the antenna cable through the hinge pillar into the opening between the door hinges.
- Safely raise and support the vehicle on safety stands.
- Remove the front wheel.
- Remove the inner fender splash shield.
- If equipped, slide the plastic sleeve on the antenna mast for access to the mast nut. Remove the antenna mast from the base.
- Remove the plastic cap from the cap nut. Using a cap nut tool, remove the cap nut securing the antenna base to the front fender.
- Remove the antenna base from under the front fender.
- Place the antenna base assembly into position on the vehicle.
- Secure the antenna base to the fender by installing the cap nut. Using the special cap nut tool and a torque wrench, tighten the cap nut to 28-32 inch lbs. (3-4 Nm). Install the plastic cap onto the cap nut.
- Install and tighten the antenna mast to the antenna base. If equipped, slide the plastic sleeve back into place over the mast nut.
- Install the inner fender splash shield.
- Install the front wheel.
- Lower the vehicle.