REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Raise the hood to the full up position.
- Using an instrument to matchmark location, mark the mounting bolt(s) and hinge attachment positions for easy installation.
- Remove one hood-to-hinge mounting bolt on each side of the hood, then loosen (but do not remove, yet) the other bolts until they can be removed by hand.
- With assistance from a helper supporting the other side of the hood, remove the second mounting bolts on each side of the hood.
- Carefully remove the hood from the vehicle. Be careful not to scratch the hood when placing it away from the vehicle.
- With assistance from a helper supporting the other side of the hood, place the hood into correct position on the vehicle and install mounting bolts finger tight.
- Be sure to line up the hood with the marks made for the hinge locations then tighten the bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).
- Verify hood operation and inspect the hood alignment.
- Check to make sure that the hood bolts are positioned correctly at the matchmarks and tighten.
- With the hood fully closed, check the flush and gaps of the hood.
- The hood should be aligned to 0.160 inch (4mm) gap to the front fenders and flush across the top surfaces along the fenders.
- If necessary, loosen the bolts to reposition the hood, then tighten the bolts to 10 ft. lbs. (14 Nm).