REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Open the liftgate.
- Remove screws securing the liftgate wiring connector to the rear header panel.
- Disconnect the liftgate wiring harness from the body wiring harness.
- Remove the liftgate upper window frame molding.
- Disconnect the rear window washer hose from the spray nozzle.
- Support the liftgate in the open position using a suitable lifting device.
- Remove the screws holding the support cylinders to the liftgate.
- Remove the liftgate hinge-to-roof header mounting bolts.
- With assistance, remove the liftgate from the vehicle.
- With assistance, place the liftgate into position on the vehicle.
- Install the liftgate hinge-to-roof header mounting bolts and tighten to 24 ft. lbs. (33 Nm).
- Install the screws securing the support cylinders to the liftgate and tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Remove the support device from under the liftgate.
- Connect the liftgate wiring harness to the body wiring harness.
- Install the liftgate wiring connector-to-rear header panel screws.
- Connect the rear window washer hose to the spray nozzle.
- Install the liftgate upper window frame molding.
- Align the liftgate to the vehicle.
After the liftgate is installed, verify the alignment. The liftgate should have gaps to all adjacent panels as well as fit flush across the gaps.
The liftgate gaps should measure out as follows:
0.280 inch (7mm) to the rear fascia
- If necessary, loosen the bolts to reposition the liftgate.