REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Raise and safely support the front of the vehicle on jack stands or a frame contact hoist.
- Remove the 10 mounting bolts securing the cradle plate to the front suspension cradle. Remove the cradle plate from the vehicle.
- Remove the nuts connecting the sway bar connecting links to each end of the sway bar. Disconnect the links from the ends of the sway bar.
- Remove the sway bar bushing retainers from the front suspension cradle and remove the sway bar and bushings as an assembly from the vehicle.
- Inspect the bushings for wear. Replace as necessary. Center bushings are split, and are removed by opening the split and sliding from the sway bar.
- If required, install the new sway bar-to-crossmember bushings on the sway bar with the split in the replacement bushing positioned toward the rear of the vehicle, with the square corner of the bushing facing down toward the ground when installed.
- Install the sway bar assembly onto the cradle. Be sure the sway bar bushings are aligned with the depressio