REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
The fuel pressure regulator is part of the fuel pump module. Remove the module from the fuel tank for access to the regulator.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Properly relieve the fuel system pressure, as described earlier in this section.
- Remove the fuel pump module, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Spread the tabs on the pressure regulator retainer.
- Using a suitable prytool, carefully pry the regulator out of the housing.
Make sure both the upper and lower O-rings were removed with the regulator.To install:
- Lightly lubricate the O-rings with clean engine oil, then place them into the fuel pump module opening.
- Push the regulator into the opening in the pump module.
- Fold the tabs on the regulator retainer over the tabs on the housing.
- Install the fuel pump module, as outlined earlier in this section.
- Connect the negative battery cable.