REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2 and 3
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the front wheels.
- Remove the right front halfshaft and plug the seal hole.
- Matchmark the front driveshaft flange and remove the driveshaft from the Power Transfer Unit (PTU). Suspend the driveshaft with wire.
- Remove the cradle plate.
- Remove the PTU mounting bracket bolts at the rear of the unit.
- Remove the right outboard support bracket near the right halfshaft.
- Remove the mounting bolts and the PTU from the vehicle.
- Position the PTU on the transaxle and install the mounting bolts. Tighten the bolts to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm).
- Install the right outboard support bracket. Tighten the bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the rear mounting bracket. Tighten the bolts to 37 ft. lbs. (50 Nm).
- Install the cradle plate. Tighten the bolts to 38 ft. lbs. (51 Nm).
- Align the matchmark and install the driveshaft.
- Install the right front halfshaft.
- Install the front wheels and lower the vehicle to the floor.