See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the rear of the vehicle.
- Remove the right and left inner halfshaft joint mounting bolts.
- Support the inner side of the halfshaft, by hanging it from the frame using a piece of wire. Do not allow the shafts to hang freely or the joints will be damaged.
- Remove the mounting bolts from the rear side of the propeller shaft at, the rear carrier.
- Support the propeller shaft.
- Remove the viscous coupling retaining nut and slide the viscous coupling off the rear driveline assembly.
- Disengage the vacuum line at the driveline module.
- Disengage the electrical lead from the assembly.
- Support the rear of the driveline module with a jack.
- Remove the rear driveline module front mounting bolts. Partially lower the unit from the vehicle.
- Remove the rear driveline module from the vehicle.
- Position the driveline module in the vehicle. Install the front mounting bolts and tighten to 40 ft. lbs. (54 Nm).
- Reconnect the vacuum line and electrical lead. Install the viscous coupling and nut. Tighten the nut to 120 ft. lbs. (162 Nm).
- Connect the propeller shaft to the driveline module, tighten to 21 ft. lbs. (28 Nm).
- Connect the rear halfshafts to the rear driveline module. Tighten the bolt to 45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm).
- Lower the vehicle. Check the operation of the drive train.