REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Raise and safely support the vehicle.
- Remove the 2 lower bolts which hold the sway bar to the link arm on each side of the vehicle.
- Loosen, but do not remove, the bolts that attach the sway bar bushing retainers to the rear axle housing.
- While holding the sway bar in place, remove the 4 bushing retaining bolts and remove the sway bar from the axle.
- If the sway bar links need to be replaced, remove the upper link arm-to-bracket bolt, then remove the link arm from the frame rail mounting bracket.
- Inspect the clamps, retainers and bushings, and replace any that are damaged or severely worn.
- Install the sway bar to the rear axle. The slits in the bushing should face up in the installed position. Do not tighten the bolts.
- Install the 2 lower link bolts, do not tighten these.
Lower the vehicle so all the weight is on the wheels. With the vehicle at its curb height, torque all of the bolts as follows:
- Bushing-to-axle bracket-45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm)
- Link arm-to-frame rail bracket-45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm)
- Sway bar-to-link arm-45 ft. lbs. (61 Nm)
- Link arm bracket-to-frame rail-290 inch lbs. (33 Nm)