REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Allow the SIR system capacitor to discharge for at least 2 minutes, before performing any removal procedures. The air bag system is now disabled.
- Remove the key cylinder (ignition lock).
- Using a No. 10 Torx® tamper proof bit, remove the ignition switch mounting screw.
- Depress the ignition switch retaining tab and carefully pry the ignition switch from the steering column.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the ignition switch and remove the switch from the vehicle.
- Be sure the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the actuator shaft in the ignition lock housing is in the RUN position.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors to the ignition switch.
- Carefully install the ignition switch, making sure the ignition switch snaps over the retaining tabs.
- Install and tighten the ignition switch mounting screw.
- Install the key cylinder (ignition lock). Complete the installation by reversing the removal procedures.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Check switch operation.