REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before removing any components in the area of the air bag system. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable from the battery.
- Allow the SIR system capacitor to discharge for at least 2 minutes, before performing any removal procedures. The air bag system is now disabled.
- Remove the key cylinder (ignition lock).
- Using a No. 10 Torx® tamper proof bit, remove the ignition switch mounting screw.
- Depress the ignition switch retaining tab and carefully pry the ignition switch from the steering column.
- Disconnect the electrical connectors from the ignition switch and remove the switch from the vehicle.
- Be sure the ignition switch is in the RUN position and the actuator shaft in the ignition lock housing is in the RUN position.
- Reconnect the electrical connectors to the ignition switch.
- Carefully install the ignition switch, making sure the ignition switch snaps over the retaining tabs.
- Install and tighten the ignition switch mounting screw.
- Install the key cylinder (ignition lock). Complete the installation by reversing the removal procedures.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable.
- Check switch operation.