REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
The Supplemental Inflatable Restraint (SIR) system must be disarmed before working around the air bag or SIR system wiring. Failure to do so may cause accidental deployment of the air bag, resulting in unnecessary SIR system repairs and/or personal injury.
- Disconnect and isolate the negative battery cable from the battery.
- In order to disarm the air bag system, allow the system capacitor to discharge for at least 2 minutes, before performing any removal procedures.
- Remove the upper and lower steering column shrouds.
- Disconnect the electrical connector from behind the combination switch.
- Remove the mounting screws securing the combination switch to the steering column adapter collar.
- Remove the combination switch from the vehicle.
- Install the combination switch to the steering column adapter collar. Tighten the combination switch mounting screws.
- Reconnect the electrical connector to the combination switch.
- Install the upper and lower steering column shrouds and tighten the retaining screws.
- Reconnect the negative battery cable and check all functions of the combination switch for proper operation.