REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Have the system discharged by a qualified professional mechanic using an approved recovery/recycling machine.
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Raise the vehicle and support safely.
- Remove the nuts or bolts that attach the refrigerant line sealing plates to the adjoining components. If the lines are connected with flare nuts, use a back-up wrench when disassembling. Cover the exposed ends of the lines to minimize contamination.
- Remove the support mount.
- Remove the lines and discard the gaskets or O-rings.
- Coat the new gaskets or O-rings with wax-free refrigerant oil and install. Connect the refrigerant lines to the adjoining components and tighten the nuts or bolts.
- Install the support mount.
- Have the system evacuated and recharged by a qualified professional mechanic, utilizing the proper equipment.
- Connect the negative battery cable and check the entire climate control system for proper operation and leaks.
See Figures 3 and 4