REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Turn the ignition switch to the OFF position or disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the speed control servo (cruise control).
- Double check that the ignition switch is OFF or that the battery cable is disconnected.
- Disengage the 60-pin wiring connector at the CAB.
- Unfasten the 3 CAB mounting bolts and remove the controller from the vehicle.
- Install the CAB, then tighten the mounting bolts.
- After checking that the ignition is OFF or the battery disengaged, connect the 60-pin harness to the controller. Make certain that the connector is properly seated and locked in place. Do not force the connector into place.
- Reinstall the speed control servo.
- If the vehicle is elevated, lower it to the ground. Connect the negative battery cable if it was removed.
- Drive the vehicle following the test drive procedures listed under the diagnosis and testing portion of this section. If a warning lamp is on and/or a fault code set (not previously present), closely inspect the 60-pin connector at the CAB for looseness or improper mating.