REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
This brake system uses a hydraulic accumulator which, when fully charged, contains brake fluid at very high pressure. Before disconnecting any hydraulic lines, hoses or fittings be certain that the accumulator pressure is completely relieved. Failure to depressurize the accumulator may result in personal injury and/or vehicle damage.
- Depressurize the brake system.
- Remove the air cleaner and intake duct.
- Disconnect the high pressure and return hoses from the hydraulic unit.
- Remove the brake tube and fitting from the proportioning valve.
- Remove the proportioning valve from the hydraulic assembly.
- Install the valve to the hydraulic assembly, then tighten it to 30 ft. lbs. (40 Nm).
- Install the brake line, then tighten to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm).
- Install the high pressure and return hoses. Tighten the high pressure hose fitting to 12 ft. lbs. (16 Nm.).
- Install the air cleaner and the duct work.
- Only the affected brake circuit needs bleeding.