See Figures 1 and 2
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
Right and left brake hoses are not interchangeable.
- Remove the connector at the caliper.
- Remove the mounting bracket from the strut support.
- Remove the upper keyed end from the upper body mount and disconnect the hose from the steel line.
- Always use a flare wrench to prevent rounding of the line fittings.
- Install the new hose to the caliper first. Always use a new copper washer after making sure the mounting surfaces are clean. Tighten the caliper hose fitting.
- Install the strut bracket, then attach the steel line fitting.
- Position the upper keyed end of the hose to the body bracket and secure it.
- Rear brake hoses should be attached first to the trailing arm bracket and the to the floor pan tubes.
- Keep the hose as straight as possible, avoid twisting.
- Bleed the brake system.