REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
- Remove the nuts that attach the master cylinder to the power brake booster.
- Slowly and carefully slide the master cylinder away from the booster, off the mounting studs and allow the cylinder to rest against the fender shield.
- Disconnect the vacuum hose from the brake booster.
Do not remove the check valve.
- From the inside of the vehicle under the instrument panel, locate the point where the booster linkage connects to the brake pedal. Use a small tool and position between the center tang of the booster linkage to brake pedal retaining clip. Rotate the tool and pull the retainer from the pin. disconnect the brake pedal.
- Remove the brake booster mounting nuts and unfasten the brackets mounting the steel water line at the firewall and left frame rail. On models equipped with a manual transmission, unfasten the clutch cable bracket at the shock tower and move it to the side.
- The booster mounting bracket holes are slotted, slide the booster up and to the left. Tilt the booster inboard and up to remove from the engine compartment.
- Position the power booster over the firewall mounting studs. Install the mounting nuts, then tighten to 16-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm).
- install the steel heater line bracket and clutch cable bracket, if equipped.
- Carefully install the master cylinder, then tighten the mounting bolts to 16-25 ft. lbs. (22-34 Nm).
- Connect the vacuum line to the power brake booster.
- Connect the pedal linkage to the booster push rod after lubricating the pivot point with white grease. Install a new retainer clip. Check the brake and stoplight operation.