REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3 and 4
- Remove the fuel rail as described earlier in this section.
- Disconnect injector wiring connector from injector.
- Position fuel rail assembly so that fuel injectors are easily accessible.
- Remove injector clip off fuel rail and injector. Pull injector straight out of fuel rail receiver cup.
- Check injector O-ring for damage. If O-ring is damaged, it must be replaced. If injector is to be reused, a protective cap must be installed on injector tip to prevent damage while injector is out for service.
- Repeat for the remaining injectors.
- Before installing an injector, the rubber O-ring must be lubricated with a drop of clean engine oil to aid in installation.
- Install injector top end into fuel rail receiver cup. Be careful not to damage O-ring during installation.
- Install injector clip by sliding open end into top slot of injector and onto receiver cup ridge into side slots of clip.
- Repeat the installation steps for the remaining injectors.