REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Perform fuel system pressure release procedure.
- Remove PCV system hose assembly from intake manifold and valve cover.
- Place a shop towel under fuel pressure dampener to absorb any fuel spillage.
- Using 2 open end wrenches, 1 on the flats of fuel rail and the other on fuel pressure dampener, remove fuel pressure dampener and copper washer.
- Place a new copper washer on fuel rail and install fuel pressure dampener tighten to 30 ft. lbs. (41 Nm) using a wrench to hold fuel rail while tightening fuel pressure dampener.
- Connect fuel injector wiring harness; reinstall PCV system hose assembly.
- Using the DRB II tester (or equivalent) use the Actuate Outputs Test-Auto Shutdown Relay to pressurize system to check for leaks.