REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
When servicing the fuel portion of the throttle body, it will be necessary to bleed fuel pressure before opening any hoses; refer to Fuel Pressure Release procedure. Always reassemble throttle body components with new O-rings and seals where applicable. Use care when removing fuel hoses to prevent damage to hose or hose nipple. Always use new hose clamps of the correct type when reassembling and tighten hose clamps to 10 inch lbs. (1.12 Nm).
- Drain engine coolant, if necessary, and release fuel pressure. Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove air cleaner-to-throttle body screws (or nuts), loosen hose clamp and remove air cleaner adaptor.
When removing accelerator cable, note position or adjustment for correct installation.
- Remove accelerator, speed control and transaxle kick-down cables and return spring.
- Remove throttle cable bracket from throttle body.
- Disengage all necessary electrical connector(s).
- Disconnect vacuum hoses from throttle body.
- Loosen throttle body-to-turbocharger hose clamp, if so equipped.
- Remove throttle body-to-intake manifold or adapter screws (or nuts). Always note position of retaining bolts as some may be different in length.
- Remove throttle body and gasket.
- Reverse the above procedure for installation.
If fuel system hoses are to be replaced, only hoses marked EFI/EFM may be used.