The Automatic Idle Speed (AIS) motor is sometimes referred to as the Idle Air Control Motor (IACM).
REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figure 1
- Remove air cleaner.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Disconnect 4 pin connector on AIS.
- Remove temperature sensor from throttle body housing.
- Remove 2 Torx® head screws.
- Remove AIS from throttle body housing, making sure that O-ring is with AIS.
- Be sure that pintle is in the retracted position. If pintle measures more than 1 in. (25mm), it must be retracted by using ATM test code No. 03. (battery must be connected for this operation.)
- Install new O-ring on AIS.
- Install AIS into housing making sure O-ring is in place.
- Install 2 Torx® head screws.
- Connect 4 pin connector to AIS.
- Install temperature sending unit into throttle body housing.
- Connect negative battery cable.