REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1 and 2
- Remove air cleaner assembly.
- Perform fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- On 1991-95 models, loosen the fuel tube clamp on the valve cover.
- On 1987-90 models, loosen fuel intake and return hose clamps. On 1991-95 models remove the fuel tubes from the quick-disconnect fittings. Wrap a shop towel around each hose, twist and pull off each hose.
- Remove each fitting and note inlet diameter. Remove copper washers.
- Replace copper washers with new washers.
- Install fuel fittings in proper ports and tighten to 15 ft. lbs. (20 Nm).
- On 1987-90 models, using new original equipment type hose clamps, install fuel return and supply hoses.
- On 1991-95 models, Lubricate the ends of the fuel tubes with 30 weight oil. Insert the tubes into the quick-disconnect fittings and pull to make sure they are securely locked.
- On 1991-95 models, tighten the fuel tube clamp on the valve cover.
- Reconnect negative battery cable.
- Test for leaks using ATM tester C-4805 or equivalent. With ignition in the RUN position depress ATM button. This will activate pump and pressurize the system. Check for leaks.
- Reinstall the air cleaner assembly.