REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
See Figures 1, 2, 3, 4 and 5
- Remove air cleaner assembly.
- Perform fuel system pressure release.
- Disconnect negative battery cable.
- Remove the fuel pressure regulator.
- Remove the Torx® screw holding down injector cap.
- With 2 small pry tools, lift cap off injector using slots provided.
- Using a small pry tool placed in hole in front of electrical connector, gently pry injector from pod.
- Make sure injector lower O-ring has been removed from pod.
- Place a new lower O-ring on injector and a new O-ring on injector cap. The injector will have upper O-ring already installed.
- Put injector cap on injector. (Injector and cap are keyed). Cap should sit on injector without interference. Apply a light coating of castor oil or petroleum jelly on O-rings. Place assembly in pod.
- Rotate cap and injector to line up attachment hole.
- Push down on cap until it contacts injector pod.
- Install Torx® screw and tighten to 35-45 inch lbs. (4-5 Nm).
- Install fuel pressure regulator.
- Connect negative battery cable.
- Test for leaks using ATM tester C-4805 or equivalent. With ignition in the RUN position depress ATM button. This will activate pump and pressurize the system. Check for leaks.
- Reinstall air cleaner assembly.