REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
All Bosch, Nippondenso, Mitsubishi, and Chrysler (late model) alternators have an integral electronic voltage regulator. Voltage regulator replacement on these models requires removal and disassembly of the alternator.Chrysler Alternator (Early Model)
- Disconnect the negative battery cable.
- Remove the electrical connection from voltage regulator assembly.
- Remove the mounting bolts and remove the regulator.
- This regulator is not adjustable and must be replaced as a unit if found to be defective.
- Clean any dirt or corrosion from the regulator mounting surface, including mounting holes.
- Install the replacement electronic voltage regulator.
- Secured the mounting screws.
- Attach the voltage regulator wiring connector. Connect the negative battery cable.