REMOVAL & INSTALLATION
The transaxle oil cooler used on these models are externally mounted ahead of the radiator. This is considered an oil-to-air type system.
- Remove the electrical cooling fan assembly and remove the radiator. For more details, refer to the radiator removal procedures found earlier in this section.
- Loosen the clamps retaining the hoses from the transaxle cooler lines.
- Place an oil drain pan under the hoses and remove hoses from the cooler assembly.
- Remove (2) screws retaining the cooler assembly to support and remove cooler assembly.
- If reusing the cooler assembly, reverse flush the cooler.
- Position the cooler assembly against its support.
- Install the cooler mounting bolts and tighten to 35 inch lbs. (4 Nm).
- Install hoses from the cooler lines to cooler assembly and tighten clamps to 16 inch lbs. (2 Nm).
- Install the radiator and cooling fan assembly. Refer to the radiator procedures outlined earlier in this section.